We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Green frog: a very common amphibian in the animal kingdom
Main information and features:
- The frog is an amphibian that usually lives on river banks, lakes, streams and other freshwater places.
- They live in various regions of the world, including Brazil.
- It is a carnivorous animal and its food is based on insects, worms and small animals.
- They have a long tongue in the front of the mouth, which they use to capture animals for food.
- Males often make sounds, especially at night, to attract females to mating. These sounds also serve to establish territory mastery.
Although it has lungs, the frog breaths through the skin.
- Reproduction occurs externally. Sperm and eggs unite outside the body in water. The eggs give rise to the tadpoles that develop in the future to adult form.
- The anatomy of frogs' feet and legs favors high heels and fast dislocations. These functions make it easy to catch prey and quickly escape predators. Many species also use camouflage to escape predators.
- Several species of frogs are unfortunately in the process of extinction. This phenomenon is occurring due to global warming and also the use of pesticides that contaminate its habitat.
- Main frog species: green frog, leopard frog, bull frog, frog.