We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Armor: one of the most poisonous spiders in the world
Information and main characteristics of the arming spider:
Also known as the monkey spider, the armorer is one of the world's most poisonous spiders. Its name is a reference to an action of this spider when under attack: it lifts its front legs.
- They are aggressive and their potent and toxic poison acts quickly on the victim's neurological system. The poison can also affect the heart system. The bite of this spider can cause a person to die if there is no prompt and efficient medical help.
- The arming spider has a body of 4 to 5 cm and its legs can reach 17 cm.
- These spiders have a body color that goes from gray to brown. On the legs there are small bands in white color.
- It is a species of spider originating in South America, being found in Brazil. In our country it is one of the spiders that cause the most accidents.
- They usually come into homes looking for food or mating partner. They are also found on abandoned land and on clumps of banana trees.
- Due to its aggressiveness and its potent poison, it is not recommended to breed this captive spider species.
- Feeding is based on small insects (mocha, mosquitoes, crickets) and arthropods.
- The reproduction of the bottles occurs in a sexual way.