We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Muscular System: Vital Functions for the Human Body
The muscular system is of utmost importance for the functioning of the human body. We use the body muscles constantly voluntarily (when lifting an object, for example) and involuntarily (heartbeat and peristaltic movements).
- Skeletal or striated muscle tissue (one that is attached to the bones of the body).
- Smooth or unstriated muscle tissue (found on the wall of organs such as the bladder, uterus, intestines, and blood vessels).
- Cardiac (heart) muscle tissue.
- Participation in performing body movements;
- Maintenance of body posture;
- heat production;
- Participation in peristaltic movements (case of smooth muscles).