We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Femur: largest bone in the human body
Curiosities about the human body
- The human body of an adult is made up of approximately 48 trillion cells.
- An adult's salivary glands can produce about 1.5 liters of saliva per day.
- The body of an adult has 206 bones. However, a newborn has 300 bones.
About 70% of the human body is made up of water.
- The largest artery in our body is the aorta. It measures 2.5 cm in diameter.
- The femur is the largest bone in the human body. Located in the thigh, it has a very important function in supporting the skeleton of humans. In a 1.80 m adult human, this bone is approximately 50 cm.
- The stirrup (bone that is inside the ear) is the smallest bone in the human body about 0.24 cm.
- The main chemical elements present in the human body are: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and iron.
The skin is the largest and heaviest organ in the human body. An adult has about 2 square meters of skin on the body. The weight of the skin is about 15% of the total body.
Through natural peeling, an adult loses about one gram of skin a day.
- The main proteins present in the body are: hemoglobin, enzymes, thrombin, fibrinogen, keratin, myosin and actin.
- An adult human has an average of 650 muscles in the body.
- The heart of an adult male with normal coronary health beats 70 to 75 times per minute (at rest). A woman's heart beats about 10% more times per minute. But it is the heart of a newborn that beats faster (about 115 beats per minute).
The healthy heart of an adult weighs between 250 and 400 grams.
- The heart of a healthy adult can pump about 7,000 liters of blood a day.
- Each lung of an adult human is about 25 centimeters long on average.
- An adult human has, on average, about 200,000 kilometers of veins, arteries and blood vessels in the body.
- An adult has approximately 100,000 hairs on his head. Each strand grows between 15 and 20 centimeters per year.
- Fingernails grow faster than toenails. The hands grow about 1 centimeter per month.
- The nose of a human being can distinguish about 6,500 different smells.
- The brain of an adult man weighs on average 1.4 pounds. Already the brain of an adult woman is about 100 grams lighter.
- Through sweat, urine and breathing an adult human being eliminates about 3 liters of water a day.
- Per minute, an adult human breathes about 5.5 liters of air.